Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pear and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Salad

There are a few things I love. I love bacon. I love blue cheese(not dressing, just the cheese). And I love vinaigrette dressing. Oh my, I love it.

So when I found myself with a whole lot of ripe pears to use, and in looking for ways to use pears I found a delightful recipe that used pears and vinaigrette and blue cheese, I am there!

Original recipe here at All Recipes

 I made a few changes, to suit our tastes and to match what ingredients we have on hand.



Pear and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Salad

  • 10 ounce bag mixed field greens (I used arugula)
  • 1 pear, cored and sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 4 slices bacon
For dressing:

  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Whisk the dressing ingredients together. I tossed most of the dressing with the greens next. Then I added toppings and drizzled the remaining dressing over the top.

It is sooo good! This is definitely a keeper. I'd probably add a second pear if I made it again because their taste is really muted. I was a little bit leery about the maple syrup, but it wasn't a strong flavor at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment