So when I found myself with a whole lot of ripe pears to use, and in looking for ways to use pears I found a delightful recipe that used pears and vinaigrette and blue cheese, I am there!
Original recipe here at All Recipes
I made a few changes, to suit our tastes and to match what ingredients we have on hand.
Pear and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Salad
- 10 ounce bag mixed field greens (I used arugula)
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
It is sooo good! This is definitely a keeper. I'd probably add a second pear if I made it again because their taste is really muted. I was a little bit leery about the maple syrup, but it wasn't a strong flavor at all.