Saturday, January 5, 2013

Today is a blog wash

I'll tell you right off the bat, I don't have any great blog content today. I didn't do anything remarkable today. I had an appointment with an accountant. I returned some items I decided I didn't truly want to own. I bought the kids a video game they've been really wanting(it's an early birthday present for Kadin). But mostly I've been sitting on the couch, reading people's blogs, and feeling sorry for myself and my aching gut that is suffering from nine days of antibiotics. Tomorrow is the last day I have to take them, and I wish this was long over.

But what I gleaned from my blog adventures today is a lot of pet peeves and things that I really want to make sure that I don't do. For example, clogging up all my entries with advertisements, or pseudo advertisements. I also don't understand moderated commenting on blogs with very little traffic. My comments are not moderated, and in all the time I have had this blog, I have had exactly one spam message. One. Is that really enough reason to give myself more work to do and annoy potential commenters? I don't think so.

Another thing.... Don't recommend blogs that are invite only. And check your links. If they don't work, fix them. These things seems simple to me. I am aware that I am potentially a more detail oriented person than most, but even so.... Your blog is a product, essentially, try and win me over.

Oh, what I did do today was finally use up the rest of our Christmas turkey leftovers. They've been frozen, don't worry. But I put them in a casserole in place of chicken and it worked out swimmingly. I also will not admit to finishing off the last of the peach berry cobbler while the kids were in the TV room playing their new game. We have french toast on the docket for tomorrow and I am already excited. Don't worry, the kids are, too. It was even their idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment