Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Now realizing just how long it has been since I actively posted, I realize that I left you with my older son, Kadin, being a vegetarian. Well, that didn't last. We had a single incident where we went to Outback(as a whole family plus a friend), and upon being presented with shrimp, ribs, AND steak, he folded. And then it all went from there.

He seemed to be pretty ok with that. I had grown increasingly frustrated with his demands. He wanted non-meat items, fine, but then he got particular about WHAT non-meat items. And I was not at all ok with simply replacing meat with fake meat products. I don't think that's healthy, nor is sustainable long-term. So now, Kadin is in 4th grade and is an omnivore again.

He does, occasionally, ask about being a vegetarian again. He tells me he likes animals, and he doesn't want to eat them. But at the same time, he sometimes asks me if we can have steak for dinner, or can we make shrimp, and so on. Admittedly, I don't want to go back to it. It got old fast. It was a lot of extra work for me, and it got tedious explaining it to people all the time. My in-laws thought it was awful, my parents thought it was crazy, and can you blame them? My husband and I both come from meat loving families, and Kadin has always LOVED meat!

I guess we'll see what happens. Only time will tell. The question I have to ponder now is one that Kadin posed, "So.... when can I be a vegetarian again?" Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment